Monday 13 February 2012

Rig Test

Using CAT, I have used the crab rig and fit it to my character. I am having problems sorting out the envelopes so the joints move properly without quite a lot of deformation. It is a pain! I'm also having problems working out how to attach the eyes to the body so they all move as one. This is difficult because I need to keep the FFD box working, so I can't just use the attach function.

However, what I have done it got the character moving properly within the basic walking animation of the rig.


It is quite a fast walk here, but that's just a case of extending the time scale. This was achieved by applying a path constraint to a dummy box. The crab mesh and rig was then set to walk within this dummy box.


The dummy box's rotation is off a bit in the picture above, but by rotating this box, the character is rotated, so the crab could walk up and over hills, and most importantly, be set to walk sideways like a real crab with no effort.

I think I am at a good stage with this module because I have my story set out, the majority of the modelling done and made a start with the animation, Although I haven't started much with the morpher for facial expressions, I am confident that I can get it to work without too much trouble due to work with it on previous modules.

1 comment:

  1. To attache the eyes, you need to use the Link tool on the tool bar and link them to the hub bone.

    ReplyDelete