Thursday 9 February 2012

Generating Ideas

My initial thought on a character to be a villain in this animation was going to be rather stereotypical. I was going to go down the route of an intelligent, megalomaniac who wants everything and is hated by everyone. Possibly having minions to do his dirty work. He could be humanoid in shape and size but robotic. I made a model a while ago that made me think of this idea, but noticed his face may not be very expressive due his jaw being on a hinge and having no eyebrows or eyelids.


Afterwards, rather than redesigning, I decided that I didn't want to go quite so cliche and had a dramatic change of idea and decided to appeal more to the other part of the brief which is that this villain is to be aimed at children. Following suit of many existing children villains, I decided to make it an animal. For no reason other than it was the first thing I drew, I stuck with the idea of a crab.


I had a few ideas for a story so I began developing from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment